If you have ever wondered: “how do I post my Instagram photos on my PC or laptop?”, you are at the right place.
Sometimes, people don’t like to use Instagram filters because they are too restricting and lack creativity.
So what do they do?
They use different editing softwares on PC or laptop that’s more advanced and easier to configure their photos.
We can’t deny the fact that manual editing on Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom can be more mesmerizing and look professional, especially for experienced photographers.
Therefore, posting on Instagram is also tricky sometimes for new users or someone who has just switched to PC/laptop.
Let us help you remove the challenge by running you through steps by steps.
How to post on Instagram from your PC or Laptop using Web Browsers
After years of waiting, Instagram finally decided to let their users post directly on Instagram feed using desktop web browsers last year.
This is such a relief for most content creators on Instagram since they have been asking for this feature many years already.
So here is the step-by-step guide on how to use Google Chrome for posting:
First login your account on Instagram.com
Then, click on the “+” sign on top right of your screen
Choose your favorite photo or video you want to post on your feed.
I love doge <3
Making sure your content is unique and high-quality is the key to get your content shareable.
Go next and select your favorite filters or customize one if you can’t find anything appropriate.
After that, you can start writing your caption for this image (sorry for the scuffed censor…)
In this section, you can:
- Add hashtags to your post
- Choose your location of your content
- Tag your friends
- And some more advanced settings but you don’t need that if you don’t know how to use them.
Finally, you are good to share your image, or in this case a meme, to the world.
Simple, isn’t it?
It was not years ago though.
The process is actually the same on all web browsers nowadays, Instagram makes sure you have the same features like on your mobile device.
Posting on Instagram using Facebook Creator Studio
Yes, you can now post on your Instagram with your Facebook account.
In 2020, Meta (or old name is Facebook) introduced Creator Studio app that you can access and manage all your KPI metrics such as content configuration, performance tracking and audience interaction.
How to do this?
- First, you will need a business account or a creator account. If you try to login with your personal account, it won’t work.
You will see the Instagram icon on your homepage of the Content Studio.
If you do have a Facebook page, you might have to link the two of them together.
- Then, you can start “create post”, make sure to choose “Instagram feed”.
- Go “Add content” and pick the right image or video you want to post. (the best format for your Instagram content is 1080×1920 with a ratio 4:5, the length is 3 seconds to 60 seconds)
- The next step is to add your caption and location.
- Next, you can also post on Facebook if you check the box of your page.
- Finally, hit “Publish” or schedule for some time later.
Posting on Instagram using third-party tools/platforms
Instagram has been around for many years and many organizations have built their business around it.
If you only have 1 Instagram account to take care of, it sounds easy enough.
Usually, people or businesses have multiple social accounts to manage and it can eat up a lot of times then you can imagine.
Therefore, having an all-in-one software can be helpful and life-saving most of the time.
Here is a few of popular tools or platforms you should consider checking them out.
Hootsuit is one of the leading platforms in social media marketing that you can use many features to simplify your posting process.
Some of the popular features of Hootsuit for posting on your Instagram account:
- Scheduling your posts
- Monitoring your audience’s interaction
- Analyzing your data
- Private message management across many social platforms
- Many add-on applications (Mailchimp, Brandwatch)
How to post on Instagram with Hootsuit
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Choose “New Post”.
- Type and choose your Instagram account.
- Add your Instagram image on the right side.
- Fill in the Text box with caption and hashtags.
- Add location if you want.
- Then, you can “Post Now” or “Schedule for later”.
Hootsuit has a free-trial plan for 30 days, after that, their cheapest plan starts at $49 per month.
Later is another all-in-one platform that connects various top social media networks in one dashboard. Their social platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin and TikTok.
However, their most-focused app is definitely Instagram because their intention is very clear in their slogan on the homepage, “The world’s favorite Instagram marketing platform”
They offer a wide range of services, which are:
- Automatically posting your content
- Multiple content and account management
- Scheduling your posts
- Content analytics
How to post on Instagram with Later
Later’s structure might be a bit different from other marketing platforms you’ve used before.
- You begin posting by adding your image to the media library first.
- Then, you can pick the photo you want to post in the library.
- After that, you fill in your caption and hashtags.
- Finally, you can schedule when to post your content.
Even though Later sounds a bit complicated in their posting procedure, they offer a 14-days trial to use their Starter package.
Some people may find the interface of this platform unfamiliar and sometimes the interaction with Instagram can require some testing because of the limitation from Instagram.
Their cheapest plan starts at $15/month.
Buffer is probably one of the most affordable scheduling platform to post on Instagram for social media beginners or startups. They have a free plan that can let you add up to 3 social channels to begin with.
Here are some of the features that Buffer offers (including free and paid version):
- Post scheduling (free, not Instagram story though)
- Link shortener (free)
- Manage your scheduling for all social profiles (free)
- Integration and apps (free)
- Analytics, insights and reportings
- Engagement management
- Help and customer supports (also free)
How to post on Instagram with Buffer
- First, you will need an Instagram business account, otherwise, you can only set up reminders on Buffer.
- Connect your Instagram account with Buffer, you can do that from their dashboard.
- After choosing your correct account, you can start scheduling “Queue” your post under your “Content” tab.
- Then you can add your content to Buffer queue for scheduling or post right away with “Share Now”
The user interface of Buffer is easier to use and it includes access to all your social profiles in 1 dashboard.
The goal of Buffer is to help you save time in posting on multiple social accounts, improve your publishing consistency and ,most importantly, help you upload your content to Instagram from your PC/laptop.
Their cheapest plan is $0 per month up to 3 social channels, then it starts with $5/month per extra social channel on Essentials package
Posting on Instagram from your PC or laptop should not be a challenge, at least not now.
In fact, this process is being used more frequently for scheduling optimization in order to gain more engagements.
So, don’t feel stressed out if you can’t figure it out.
There are many guides and helps around on the internet to make sure you schedule your first post on Instagram. You just have to find the right one.
And if you wonder how to create high-quality photos on Instagram, well, the first step is to take high-quality photos.
We can help you with that.